Monday, August 29, 2016

WIP DIY Boho Chic Eclectic Art Project Antique Teapot II

WIP DIY Boho Chic Eclectic Art Project Antique Teapot II

 The first part of this project is found HERE


 I finally got to start moving forward to work on this project, and I gotta tell ya, I was REALLY feeling this one, and the muses, but the pesky set-backs were driving me MAD! So frustrating! I originally wanted to finish this project in 2014, which I mentioned in my previous blog post about this. 

 

So, I needed to start drilling the hole into the teapot to make it into a lamp, kind like this:

 

First I got a marker and tried to eye-ball the dots I wanted to drill, but they just weren't to my liking, and since drilling them is permanent, I wanted them to be as symmetrical and geometrically close to perfect as possible even tho' the teapot is gashed, dented, and weathered.

So, I got some masking tape and started over, then got the electric power drill, and started drilling it. Unfortunately, I don;t have a machine shop, nor a vice, so I have to hunch over it, and sprawl onto to floor just to work on it, so my time working on it is limited, because it hurts my back. 

So, I have to limit how long I work on it. But, I also hurt my back at the gym on an abbs machine this month, and now I'm going to physical therapy to fix my spine and muscles which are connected through my abdominal muscles.  I also ran out of chiropractic visits on my medical insurance and have to wait until January 2017 to go back. 

I hope I can continue working on it by September or October.


A photo posted by Kandice Kathleen Zimbleman 任思麒 (@blackunigryphon) on

A photo posted by Kandice Kathleen Zimbleman 任思麒 (@blackunigryphon) on

A photo posted by Kandice Kathleen Zimbleman 任思麒 (@blackunigryphon) on

Well, that's it for now... I have to recover from my spinal injuries.

You might notice there's different sizes of holes in the pot.




 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment