Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July Boho Chic Balcony Decor

Well, my so-called balcony on the first floor (deed technical terms call it  "balcony" even tho' it's first floor and, it's not really  a patio since it's enclosed like  balcony, and no exit. Also not a porch since there's no steps. ) has pretty much been a work in progress...

But, finally getting somewhere.

This July, and even Independence Day weekend, I had all kinds of stuff happening out there! It was glorious!

My lanterns I got from Christmas!
Then, I got a bunch of my stones, and these wooden boxes, and did this whole corner which never gets sunlight.

That antique teapot is going to get redone also, but i need money for the other parts to DIY it. I also need stuff to hang or mount stuff on the walls... but, bit by bit... can't do it all at once, because poverty is a thingy...


The string lights are inside, also.

And, I added little craft faux flowers and garland tinsel bits w butterflies.


Here was our Independence Day burgers outside! That's my daughter, Heidi. 




Candles & lights and night time, and also laid out the yoga mat. 

Incense to try to keep away mosquitoes. Actually, I want some mosquito nets, but, maybe some day I'll be able to afford some... 















Then, because I'm a free spirit and a raver (Rave 4 Ever) I turned on my disco lights and played Eurodance techno, and Trance tracks on my old Galaxy phone. Maybe you can see it by the small lantern on the Chinese stool in the corner.



A video posted by Kandice Kathleen Zimbleman 任思麒 (@blackunigryphon) on

A video posted by Kandice Kathleen Zimbleman 任思麒 (@blackunigryphon) on


A video posted by Kandice Kathleen Zimbleman 任思麒 (@blackunigryphon) on

A video posted by Kandice Kathleen Zimbleman 任思麒 (@blackunigryphon) on


What it originally looked like before I did the whole decoration stuff



BTW: It's one of the ONLY days of the ENTIRE YEAR (Summer solstice) that you can actually partly see the sun setting from this spot.

As for this antique teapot: >>>----------->
Well, this has been a project on hold since 2014.

I'm still gonna DIY this. it will be entirely new, and all original!

I JUST GOT the knob for the top/lip at Home Depot.

The handle is broken, so I will be redoing the handle. That will be GORGEOUS!
I already cut the broken bits of wood off, and sanded it in New Jersey at my father' house.

This will be ULTRA BOHO CHIC!

I have plans for LED lights, crystal wire wrapping, and also drilling it like a Moroccan lamp/lantern.

It's funny, because no one understands my vision of it YET.

But, i figure, once i've done it, EVERYONE will want to make their own versions!

Anyways, this stuff was VERY popular on my Instagram and Twitter. So, here's the blogged out version, FINALLY!




No comments:

Post a Comment